August 26, 2009

Skype Me!

August 26, 2009
Hey guys!

My homegirl Youty was at the Denver airport waiting for her flight back to SoCalifornia (she just came back from the Peace Corps) and she suggested I sign up for Skype. For all of you non-Skypers, the program basically allows you to talk via webcam/microphone/IM to anyone anywhere in the world... for FREE! We did a test run and it's actually pretty cool. There's a bit of a delay on the audio and the video seems choppy, but hey... it works!

I think the lack of quality of the Skype call stems from the fact that my computer SUCKS. Haha. I've had Tealeaf since 2006! She went through some major surgery by Dr. Andy and he miraculously brought her back to life... but if I want to stay connected when I go to Japan, I think I'll have to purchase a new, faster laptop. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

I do know that I need to purchase a new external hard drive. I'm sure most of you know by now, but I accidentally dropped my running external hard drive earlier this week. I took it to Fry's and they said that they can't fix it and that they could no longer recover the data. They told me I have to take it to a data recovery specialist and that they have a 90% chance of pulling off all my data-- it's just going to cost them up to $2000 to do it. I'm going to give it to a couple of my friends to take a look at it, but if worse comes to worse... you know I'll probably drop a stack to get my data back.

My whole life is on that hard drive. I have back up CDs for all my data up to 2007, but I'm worried about the data from the last year the most. It's been a very defining year for me and I made a lot of important memories I wish to keep. All my Wish You Were Here footage that everyone helped me film is all gone, too. Le Sigh.

Anyways, I'm off to go to Fremont Hooters with the cuzo. I don't know why I like that place so much. Add me on Skype, AIM, Yahoo, MSN, Gtalk, etc. My screen name is oohmarilou and my personal e-mail address is oohmarilou@gmail.com. Help me stay connected with you. :)


Wish you were here,
Marilou

0 comments:

 
wish you were here. © 2008. Design by Pocket